Authentication of study documents
1. Diplomas from Moldova do not need any form of authentication.
Diplomas issued before 2008 (and diplomas issued after 2008 which cannot be verified on line) shall be accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity from the Ministry of Education of Moldova which shall be submitted in original.
2. The Hague Apostille is requested for diplomas from countries which are parties to the Hague Apostille , issued by the competent authorities in the issuing countries. The Hague Apostille is requested for diplomas from Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal and Cyprus.
3. Diplomas issued in countries which are not parties to the Hague Apostille Convention shall be authenticated or accompanied by an authentication certificate from by the competent authorities in the issuing countries;
- Legalization/Authentication is done by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the issuing country, the Embassy/Consular Office of Romania in the issuing country and the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the issuing country, the issuing country’s Embassy/Consular Office in Romania and the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs; for countries where Romania does not have a diplomatic mission or countries which do not have diplomatic missions in Romania, the study documents shall be legalized by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the issuing country;
- Legalization/Authentication exemption is allowed under the law of an international treaty to which Romania is party or on a reciprocity basis.